It’s February, the month of love. And because I love South Africa’s national parks and wild spaces, I’m offering a special price countdown deal on my e-book A Walk in the Park: Travels in & around South Africa's national parks so that you can fall in love with them too, either for the first or 100th time. Get up to 54% off the listed price.
From the Kalahari to Mapungubwe, from Cape Town to the Kruger National Park, and from the Garden Route to the Karoo, follow a journey through 14 national parks in South Africa, meeting interesting people and finding fun adventures. It’s not a dry catalogue of the ecology and topography of the parks that will bore your pants off, but a dynamic string of experiences both inside and outside the parks. You’ll find real people, activities, cultural heritage and food, all peppered with interesting facts and spiced with humour.
For instance, you can tag along on a horse trail, a wilderness hike among lions, elephants and creepy crawlies, a Tarzan-and-Jane swing among the treetops, a 4x4 trail, and a walk in the Kalahari with a Bushman tracker.
To inspire you to visit some of these wonderful places for yourself, there’s a list of some 15–25 other fun things to do in and around each of the parks.
Basically, the earlier you get in on the action, the cheaper the e-book will be.
If you buy on 21 February you’ll get a massive 54% discount off the listed price of $9.69 (that's 54% off R130). Every 36 hours the price will go up a little – to 42% discount, 30% and then 18%. A week after the promotion starts, the price will return to the original price. For the whole week the promotion is running, the countdown will show clearly what the discount is at the time you buy.
- Yes, you need to have (or create) an Amazon account, but you don’t specifically need a Kindle reader to read this e-book. You can download free apps to read it on your computer, smart phone or tablet.
- Get your discounted copy from 21–28 February 2017 here: A Walk in the Park: Travels in & around South Africa’s national parks. (Remember that the earlier in the week you buy the book, the greater the discount you will get - see the section above about how the countdown discount deal works.) Then start reading as soon as it is downloaded, no waiting for a physical copy to be delivered.
- Once you’ve read it, it would be great if you'd write a customer review to tell everyone why you either loved it or hated it. Simply scroll down on the product page to leave your comments/review. Of course, this isn’t compulsory to get the deal, but it would be nice as a way to return the love.
- Read some reviews of the book by magazines like Sawubona, Getaway, Country Life, Leisure Wheels and Drive Out. For instance, Sawubona magazine said: ‘Part nature guide, part travelogue, it can be read like a story book because Reid writes in a chatty and accessible way. Her candour and self-deprecating humour is disarming. A well-priced, helpful, fun guide for adventurous spirits.’
- Listen to my interview about SA’s national parks with a radio station in the UK.
Copyright © Roxanne Reid - No words or photographs on this site may be used without permission from roxannereid.co.za